INFORMATION ABOUT US
Use of personal information under applicable EU data protection laws must be justified under one of several legal “grounds” and we are required to set out the ground in respect of each use of your personal data in this policy. These are the principal grounds that justify our use of your information:
- Consent where you have consented to our use of your information (you are providing explicit, informed, freely given consent, in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent in the circumstance detailed below by notifying us).
- Contract performance where your information is necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you.
- Legal obligation where we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations.
- Legitimate interests where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
- Legal claims where your information if necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you or a third party.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
Data protection law in United Kingdom allows us to collect, use, store and transfer personal information if we have one or more of the following purposes for doing so:
- To fulfill a contract with you; or
- Where necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests); or
- For other reasons where you have expressly consented to those purposes.
Below are the ways we will use your personal data to fulfill your contract and/or for our legitimate interests:
- Processing your order, including taking payment, supplying products and any after sales services such as cancellations and returns.
- Identify verification and credit checking.
- Keeping you updated on the progress of your order, we will usually communicate with you about your order by email, but we or our couriers may also contact you by phone.
- Where you have registered with us, processing and administering your account.
- Processing information required for competition, promotion or survey entries by you.
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service if you choose to do so.
- Analyzing sales to help us understand and improve our business.
- Administration, analysis and assessment of our website and it`s performance, to understand and develop our business and for the improvement and optimization of our website.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website secure.
TO WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Delivery companies: to deliver products that you have ordered from us.
- Other service providers and advisors: such as companies that support our IT, help us analyze the data we hold, process payments, send communications to our customers, provide us with legal or financial advice and generally help us deliver our products and services to you.
- Third party companies that we may jointly run a competition with: in that case, there will be particular terms and conditions that apply to the competition, which will clarify how your personal data will be shared with and used in that particular circumstance.
- Purchasers of our business: buyers or perspective buyers who we sell or negotiate to sell our business to.
- The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations.
- Police and law enforcement: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
- Data analytics suppliers – To better understand how people use our websites.
We do not sell, share, hire or otherwise deal in any of your personal information with third parties unless you give us specific permission to do so.
We may process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests do not override your rights. Those legitimate interests include providing you with information on our products and services where these are deemed to be relevant to you and your organization, and in accordance with your rights under applicable law.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have been referred to us by a third party (with your prior consent), you have requested information from us or purchased services from us or if you have provided us with your details only if, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
One lawful reason we can use your personal information is something called ‘legitimate interests’. Broadly speaking
Legitimate Interests means we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests. We may use your information to tell you about software solutions that are beneficial to individuals in your industry. Before doing this, though, we will also carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights. We may process your personal information to conduct and manage our business to enable us to give you the most appropriate marketing, information, service and products and provide the best and most secure experience. These are what we consider to be our ‘Legitimate Interests’.
WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE GIVEN US FOR:
- Delivering direct marketing, advertising and updates from us to you, such as telling you about forthcoming events, products, services and offers and updates and information about us.
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
- Making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE/CHOICE
However, for the best experience on our website, we would recommend that you enable cookies in your web browser as disabling our cookies may mean that not all the functions on the website can work properly.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
WHAT COOKIES WE USE?
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
HOW TO CONTROL OR DELETE COOKIES?
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, for the best experience on our website, we would recommend that you enable cookies in your web browser as disabling our cookies may mean that not all the functions on the website can work properly.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our website has appropriate security measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to choose an effective, secure password and not to share your password with anyone.
We recommend only connecting to secure wireless networks that you trust to reduce the risk of unauthorised people intercepting your online activity. Beware of the risks of using public wifi.
If you receive an email purporting to be from us asking for personal data, please do not respond to the email but please let us know that this has happened so we can check whether the email is genuine.
If you are under 13 years of age you cannot register an account on our website. No information should be submitted to us without consent of the relevant parent or guardian.
Note to parents
Our services are not directed specifically at children under the age of 13. We do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from, anyone under the age of 13, except as set out above in relation to competitions. Please make sure that your child does not give us personal information on line without asking your permission.
If you believe that your child under the age of 13 may have registered on the website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will tell you what personal information, if any, we are holding in relation to your child. At your written request, we will suppress the child’s personal information or place limits on the use and/or disclosure of the child’s personal information.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you will have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
For example, you have rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data; and
- Withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights, please contact us at Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX If, UK or email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to us at the above address
If you also believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.